Easy Chunky Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are moist, flavorful and naturally sweetened. Loaded with wholesome ingredients and studded with chocolate.
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted pumpkin spice syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks/chips
- Heat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or skip the liners and grease the cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until combined.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, salted pumpkin spice syrup and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chunks. Stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups so they are 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire baking rack to finish cooling.
Sometimes it hard quality find dark chocolate in "chip form." You can purchase a chocolate bar and break it into chunks if necessary.