Crunchy Wonton Taco Cups are simple to make requiring 5 ingredients and 15 minutes prep. The perfect quick and easy appetizer to serve on game-day!
For Crunchy Wonton Taco Cups:
- Cooking Spray
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Taco Seasoning - use the amount listed on your seasoning's directions for 1 lb. of meat
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (sub Rotel for a spicier taco cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green chilis
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- For The Filling: Brown + drain ground beef. Add taco seasoning. Mix in 1 can of petite diced tomatoes (you can use a can of tomatoes + green chili's if you prefer a spicier taco cup). Stir to combine.
- Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray and place a wonton wrapper into each cup.
- Top each wonton wrapper with 1 Tbs. of taco meat + 1 Tbs. of shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps 1-3. Make sure to press the second wonton down firmly into the muffin tin to ensure there is enough space for all ingredients.
- Bake wonton taco cups for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Garnish with traditional taco toppings - guac, sour cream, lettuce, salsa... whatever you like!
To freeze: Arrange baked wonton taco cups into a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 2-3 hours or until frozen through. Store in an airtight bag or container for up to 1 month. To thaw, bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.
Keywords: taco, wonton