Freezer Friendly confetti corn is a quick side dish that can be frozen. 10 minutes hands on prep and basic ingredients make it a recipe you go back to again and again.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. fresh chives
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley
Freezer Bag Assembly Instructions:
- Combine 1/4 cup of onion, 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper and 2 cups of corn into each of 2 gallon sized Ziplock freezer bags.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, salt, pepper, chives and parsley. Shape into a 3-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm. Cut the butter into 4 slices. Place 2 slices into each of the assembled freezer bags.
- Remove air from bags and seal. Freeze for up to 6 months.
- To reheat, dump the frozen vegetable mixture into a large skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until butter is melted and vegetables are heated. Stir occasionally.
- If you would like to serve the confetti corn immediately (without freezing), just follow recipe serving instructions, but cut stovetop time to 5-7 minutes.
Keywords: Confetti Corn, Freezer