Celebrate special occasions with these super festive, naturally sweetened, Healthy Brownie Balls (or skip the sprinkles and enjoy them year round).
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/4 tsp course sea salt
- 2-3 Tbs agave nectar
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the cashews and unsweetened cocoa powder. Pulse 10-15 times (mixture should still be chunky but the cocoa should be fully incorporated with the nuts). Don't over mix or it will turn to nut butter.
- Add dates, vanilla and sea salt. Pulse 10-15 times.
- Drizzle in 2 TBS of agave while food processing on high. The dough is ready when it forms a ball inside the bowl of the food processor. If this does not occur, slowly continue to add more agave as needed. The mixture will be wet and sticky, but should not be so moist that you are unable to EASILY for a ball.
- Wrap dough in parchment paper and chill for 30 minutes - 24 hours.
- Form dough into 1" balls. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for several months (see time saving tips and tricks above for specifics).