Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are simple to make, requiring basic ingredients and 20 minutes hands-on prep. A perfect meal prep freezer option!
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley ** extra for garnish
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Prepare Meatballs - Combine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Roll meatballs into 1" balls. Set aside.
- Prepare Sauce - Add all sauce ingredients into the Instant Pot. Whisk to combine.
- Add the Trivet to the Instant Pot- Place prepared meatballs onto trivet, stacking if needed. Place lid onto Instant Pot and seal vent. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes (perform a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing pressure manually).
- Thicken Sauce: Prepare a cornstarch slurry (1 Tbs. water + 1 Tbs. cornstarch: mix until smooth). Remove meatballs and set aside. Set IP to sauté. Add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce in the IP. Whisk until sauce thickens. Add meatballs back to Instant pot and cover with sauce.
- Serve immediately. Garnish will additional parsley if desired.
Keywords: meatballs, Swedish, Instant Pot