Freezer-Friendly Baked Egg Muffins require 8 ingredients and 30 minutes time. A flavorful, healthy breakfast option that's perfect on the go!
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 pieces whole wheat bread, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 oz. vermont cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage (cooked according to package directions)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and line the cups of a muffin pan with 12 silicone muffin liners.
- Place 3-4 bread pieces at the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with a scoop of sausage and a generous sprinkle of grated cheddar.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and oregano. Whisk until yolks are fully incorporated. Evenly pour egg mixture into lined muffin tin cups. Leave a little room at the top, the eggs will rise.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like to broil them the last 1-2 minutes so that the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Use silicone liners OR a silicone muffin pan for this recipe.
- If egg whites are preferred, swap 1 cup egg whites for the 8 eggs.
- TO FREEZE: Allow egg muffins to cool completely. Arrange on a parchment covered sheet pan and freezer for 2 hours. Remove frozen egg muffins from freezer and store in an air tight bag or container for up to 3 months.
Keywords: freezer, frozen, eggs, breakfast