Easy, 8 ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Balls are packed with protein, healthy fats and fiber. A perfect grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 5 pitted Medjool dates, about 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp water
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cashews and rolled oats. Process on high until a fine powder forms. Do NOT over pulse, the cashews will turn into cashew butter.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Process until dates are finely chopped.
- Add the honey, peanut butter, vanilla, salt and water. Process until mixture forms a ball. Dough should stick together when squeezed between thumb and forefinger. If it is too dry, add more water 1/2 tsp at a time.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse 5-7 times or until chocolate chips are fully incorporated.
- Roll dough between hands to form balls that are approximately 1" in diameter. Once balls are rolled, arrange them on a baking tray that has been covered with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! Extra balls can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to a month (possibly longer).
- Finding mini chocolate chips with recognizable ingredients can be a challenge. I often purchase a high quality chocolate bar (72% cacao or higher) and use a rolling pin to break it into tiny pieces.
- Make sure that you pit the dates! They will ruin the blade on your food processor if you forget. I may or may not be speaking from experience, lol.