Simple Pecan Pie Slabs are ridiculously simple to make. Whole-Food Friendly, gluten-free, and loaded with crunchy nuts. A fun twist on a classic Southern staple. No crust making required!
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS coconut sugar + 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 1/2 TBS butter, melted (sub coconut oil if vegan)
- 3 TBS coconut oil (solid form)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, coursely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- CRUST: To the bowl of a food processor, add oats, almonds, salt, 2 tbsp coconut sugar and butter. Pulse until the consistency of sand with no large chunks remaining. Spread mixture into baking dish and press down into an even layer.
- FILLING: In a small sauce pan, bring the maple syrup to a simmer and simmer for about 5 minutes or until it begins to bubble up. Pour into a bowl and add the 3 TBS coconut oil, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut sugar. Use an immersion blender to combine. Add remaining 3 eggs and blend until smooth. Pour over pie crust and top with pecans. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is mostly set. Do not over bake.