6-Ingredient Pizza Rolls are simple to make, requiring only 10 minutes to throw together. Make Ahead and Freezer Friendly, they are perfect for snacking, lunch boxes or even a quick dinner.
- 1 package of frozen pre-made pizza dough (I use the whole wheat version from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods)
- Flour (for dusting)
- Olive Oil
- 1 jar favorite pizza sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2-pieces string cheese (Make sure the string cheese comes straight from the fridge, if room temp.. it will melt too much in oven and sink to the bottom of the pizza rolls.)
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface until it is the shape of a large rectangle, about 8 inches x 12 inches.
- Brush on a thin layer of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread marinara onto the surface of the pizza dough. Leave around 1" on the sides as the sauce will spread when you roll the dough up. Don't overdo the marinara sauce, things will get messy.
- Lay mozzarella slices over the sauce in a single (or double if you're feeling wild) layer.
- Arrange pepperoni on top of the cheese (just like you would for a pizza).
- Unwrap the string cheese and lay it in a a line at the top of the dough. Roll it towards you (keep things tight) so that the string cheese ends up in the middle of the roll of dough; pinch the seam closed. Slice 1" pieces and place them in a 10" cast iron skillet. Allow the rolls to rise for 15 minutes.
- While rolls are rising, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake until the pizza dough is golden and the fillings are bubbly, about 18 minutes. Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
- Gotta give credit where credit is due! I got the idea to add the string cheese from the Pioneer Woman. It adds a fun gooey component. If you want to skip them, the rolls will still taste great.
- Since this recipe does not include measurements there are no nutrition facts included.