Simple Freezer-Friendly Marinara Sauce. This basic recipe will become your new favorite addition to any Italian meal (and it can be made ahead).
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 28 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 TBS tomato paste
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir to combine. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the basil, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, oregano thyme and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator or freezer as described in the Time Saving Tips and Tricks Section.