- 1.5 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast , thinly sliced
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp taco seasoning
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- whole wheat tortillas
- 2 limes
- In small bowl combine the juice of 2 lemons, 2 TBS olive oil, salt and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Combine sliced chicken and marinade in a plastic bag. Gently rub the bag between your hands to ensure that all chicken is coated. Marinate a minimum of 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Pour chicken, marinade into hot pan. Once chicken is no longer pink in the center (cooking time will vary based on thickness), remove and set aside.
- To the same pan, add peppers, onions, remaining TBS of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender, about 6-9 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until warm.
- Arrange meat and peppers/onions on a platter. Top with the juice from a lime. OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: avocado, cilantro, guacamole, salsa, pico