The BEST Veggie Burger. Simple, gluten-free vegan burgers that are actually grill-able. Twelve ingredients, tender, hearty, flavorful, delicious.
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 TBS liquid aminos
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin;
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 6 whole-grain buns, pita pockets or tortillas (your choice)
- head romaine lettuce (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 6 TBS guacamole (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water. Mix. Set aside.
- Pour prepared black beans into a medium size mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or the
- back of fork to smash beans. Leave some whole for texture. Add carrots, garlic, onion,
- almond flour, bread crumbs, liquid aminos, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and
- pepper. Use hands to mix ingredients and then form 6 patties. Bake patties for 15
- minutes, flip and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with a whole wheat bun, pita bread or as a wrap. I like to garnish with guacamole, tomatoes and lettuce.