- 1.5 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast (organic recommended)
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 TBS clean taco seasoning
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 2 limes
- Whole wheat tortillas
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: salsa, cilantro, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, avocado slices
- MARINADE: In small bowl combine the juice of 2 lemons, 2 TBS olive oil, 1 tsp pink himalayan salt, and 5 Tsp of clean eating taco seasoning. Stir until combined. In a heavy duty resealable bag combine marinade and chicken. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. (I usually try to leave it overnight).
- FOILPACK ASSEMBLY: Tear off 4 16" x 16" sheets of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the peppers and onions in the middle of each piece of foil. Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper. Lay 1/4 of the marinated chicken over each veggie pile. Squeeze 1/4 of a lime over each packet. Drizzle 1-2 tsp of extra marinade over each packet. Fold packet (see link to video on how to do this below).
Grill Directions: Grill over a medium flame for 15-20 minutes. Seam side up.
Campfire Directions: Cook in the hot coals of the fire until chicken is opaque and veggies are tender. About 20 minutes.
Oven Directions: Bake Fajita Foil Packets in an oven that has been heated to 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cooking times may vary with this recipe depending on how thin you cut the chicken and how many veggies you load into each pack. Do NOT continually open the packets to check on the cooking process, they will dry out. I like to pull one packet out and test it periodically, leaving the others to cook without interruption.
- Link: How to Make A Foil Packet
- Link: Clean Eating Taco Seasoning