This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SauceIntoSummer #SauceLikeYouMeanIt #TexasPete
Crispy Grilled Hot Honey Chicken Wings have all the flavor and all the crunch of traditional deep fried wings. Simple to make, requiring 8 basic ingredients and 10 minutes prep!
It's Crispy Grilled Hot Honey Chicken Wing Day! Obviously, this is the best kind of day.
I have a new conviction to share with you, which is that chicken wings were put on this earth for the sole purpose of being coated with spices, GRILLED, and then generously tossed in a hot and sticky wing sauce.
Did you catch that... GRILLED. You guys, this is a game changer. All the flavor and crispiness you get when you deep fry, but with a quarter of the calories and fat! It's a win, win.
How To Grill Chicken Wings:
- Season your wings liberally and then allow them to refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- Make your sauce. Combine butter, Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a small pot over low heat until fully incorporated.
- Grill your wings over indirect heat for about 30 minutes.
- Remove wings from grill and toss with hot honey wing sauce.
- Serve immediately with fresh veggies and your favorite dipping sauce.
3 Tips for making crispy grilled chicken wings:
- Baking Powder: Coating the chicken wings with baking powder adds a crispiness that can't be achieved with just oil and spices.
- Refrigerate Uncovered Overnight: This allows the wings to go through a dehydration process that results in crispy skin and tender juicy chicken on the inside.
- 2:1 Ratio: Use whatever rub you prefer. 2 parts rub + 1 part baking powder will result in crispy grilled wing perfection each time.
Let's Talk Hot Sauce:
If I'm being fully honest, which I always am here... choosing the right hot sauce can make or break this recipe. After all, the hot sauce is the definite star of hot wings!
My family is a proud member of "The Tribe." AKA... we are a Texas Pete® household. We add Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce to ALL. THE. THINGS. Sometimes Joe steps things up a notch and adds Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce to his plate, but the original version is perfect for whole family situations. Side note.. it can do wonders to spice up take-out food!
FAQ's - Crispy Grilled Hot Honey Chicken Wings:
Where Can I Purchase Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce?
It's widely available, but I purchased ours through Kroger Pickup. Pro Tip - picking a size online can be deceiving, go for the 12 oz. bottle to ensure that you have enough for this recipe. Click HERE to learn where you can purchase Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce in your area. You can also learn more about the Texas Pete® brand and purchase products by visiting their website.
Are grilled chicken wings healthy?
Traditional deep fried chicken wings contain an average of 100 calories per wing. Grilling reduces fat and calories by about 20%.
How long does it take to grill chicken wings?
Grilling chicken wings takes about 30 minutes.
Can I grill frozen chicken wings?
Short answer, no. We tested grilling frozen wings. The chicken was very overcooked and the skin was not crispy.
Can I make crispy chicken wings in the oven?
You can. Here is a recipe for my favorite oven-baked chicken wings.Print
FOR THE WINGS:
- 2 lbs. cut chicken wings (separated into flats and drumettes)
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- ½ Tbs. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
FOR THE WINGS:
- Arrange wings into a single layer on paper towels. Pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Toss wings into spice mix and toss to coat.
- Place wings into the refrigerator, uncovered, overnight. **
- Remove from fridge, turn ½ of your grill burners to medium-high heat. Leave the other half of your burners off. Place wings skin side down on the side of the grill that is not on. This will provide the wings with indirect heat. Grill for 10-15 minutes. Flip and grill wings an additional 10-15 minutes or until they are crispy and cooked through.
FOR THE BUFFALO WING SAUCE:
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Stir continuously until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Add hot sauce and honey. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow wings to cool for 5 minutes and then toss in desired amount of Buffalo Wing Sauce. I like to reserve some of the sauce for additional dipping! Serve immediately with an assortment of fresh cut veggies.
- ** Allowing the wings to dry out overnight will help you achieve the crispiest skin possible. If you don't have time for a complete hours, let them dry out for a minimum of 1 hour.
- If you are unable to find pre-cut chicken wings, this article provides step-by-step instructions for cutting whole chicken wings into flats and drumettes.
Keywords: hot wings,
RECIPES LIKE CRISPY GRILLED HONEY HOT CHICKEN WINGS :
- Whole Food Hot Wings
- Sloppy Slaw Dogs
- Ultimate Juicy Turkey Burger
- Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Monterey Chicken Sandwiches
Let’s Be Friends:
You can find Simply Sissom on Instagram where I share even more recipes (some that aren’t on the blog), behind the scenes pics and videos AND tips and tricks to make healthy eating realistic for your busy family.
Did you make this recipe? If you tried the recipe, I would love to see it and have you share! Tag me @simplysissom using the hashtag #simplysissom.