Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls are simple to make, requiring just 7-ingredients and 10 minutes prep. Loaded with granola, pumpkin puree and protein packed peanut butter, these little guys are sure to become your favorite NO BAKE treat!
Energy Balls are currently saving breakfast around my house!
I know, I know... I have a tendency to be a little dramatic when it comes to describing my recipes. That said, in this particular situation, I stand by my statement. Since the arrival of Cruz, mornings have been really really difficult.
In a nutshell, the baby needs to be fed/changed at the exact time that the boys need help getting ready for school. I always have good intentions of having lunches packed ahead of time, clothes laid out and ironed (yes, my 5 year old's school uniform requires ironing EVERY. SINGLE. DAY and all papers signed and filled out ahead of time. Buuuuut.. life happens and to be totally honest, by the time 8:00 rolls around and the big boys are in bed, well.. I'm tired.
Long gone are the days of leisurely breakfasts at the counter. Breakfast time is full on panic mode during this season. Having these cute little guys hanging out in the freezer has been a life saver. The boys can grab a few along with a yogurt or applesauce and eat breakfast on the way to school. They aren't crumbly AND they don't require plates, straws, spoons etc. Portable breakfast shaves a good 10-15 minutes off our morning routine.
These Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls are our current favorite. They are festive, protein packed AND super simple to make. No BAKING required!! They are also freezer-friendly which means that you can make millions at a time and stay stocked up for months!
TOP 10 Reasons You Need Energy Balls:
- No baking
- 7 ingredients
- Perfect for ALL snacking situations (late-night craving, post workout, mid-morning pick me up... you get the idea!)
- Protein Packed.... hence the name "energy balls"
- Kid Friendly.. they are Cooper's favorite treat!
- SO EASY... 10 mins = 15 perfectly portioned snacks.
- They are DELICIOUS! The perfect binge buster when you are craving something sweet.
- They are good for you.. full of protein, vitamins, and made from whole-food ingredients
- Perfect make-ahead option for school lunches or snacks
- Travel friendly.. great for car trips or flights! They pack easily and aren't crumbly or messy.
BONUS: The leftover pumpkin spice granola makes a great Fall themed gift (as do the crunchy pumpkin pie energy balls)!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: Why bother? Throw the ingredients in a food processor.. done.
Make Ahead: YES!!! Balls should be stored in a ziplock bag or sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, but they won't last that long!
Freezer: Absolutely! Place prepared balls in a labeled, airtight Ziplock bag. they will keep up to 6 months. To thaw, remove balls from freezer and give them 5-10 minutes to come to room temp. (I actually prefer these particular balls straight from the freezer because they don't ever completely harden).
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup of pumpkin spice granola (link to recipe below)
- 1 TBS. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Cover mixture with clear wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours so that the dough is easier to work with. Once chilled, roll mixture into 1 inch balls. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy! (Note... if you don't have a stand mixer you can use a rubber spatula to mix ingredients!)
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe
- Don't have time to make your own granola.. you can use your favorite store bought variety. Just make sure to check the ingredients, most pre-made granola is full of sugar and funky ingredients!)
- Look for peanut butter that doesn't list sugar as an ingredient. The only thing needed to make peanut butter is peanuts! Peanut butter can be difficult to work with. I like to warm it in the microwave so it is easier to work with (don't over do it.. you don't want soup texture!)
- Honey is another messy ingredient. Lightly coat your measuring spoon with a little bit of olive oil and the honey won't stick.
- Prep-Ahead recipes are my all time favorite! Join the BRAND NEW Simply Sissom Community Private FB Group and let’s meal prep together! Each week I share an exclusive recipe in the group via FB Live that is REALLY simple and make-ahead friendly. Join us!
- You can also find Simply Sissom on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. Check it out and if you like what you see.. follow!
Other Recipes and Posts You Might Like: