Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps are simple to make, requiring just 5-minutes prep and 7-ingredients. Fancy enough to prepare for company and simple enough for a quick grab-n-go lunch option.
You guys.. I'm currently sitting outside in 70 degree weather on the patio of a hotel in San Diego, California writing this post. Isn't technology fantastic?
Joe was traveling for work, and after 2 years of NO. VACATIONS. due to pregnancy nausea and then a new baby, well... I decided to tag along. We've been here exactly 3 days, and I'm seriously contemplating my Kentucky life. The weather here is amazing (like Sunny and 72 Every. Single. Day.). I honestly think that I would be a better person if I could always spend this much time outside.
However.. I'm guessing that you aren't hear to read about my lack of enthusiasm for the gray weather that Kentucky has been serving up as of late.. let's talk Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps.
I've mentioned that I'm working on losing the last of my baby weight through a program called Faster Way To Fat Loss. Part of the program requires me to "carb cycle," meaning that on Monday and Tuesday of each week, I follow a low-carb diet. Funny thing.. they are my absolute favorite days (other than the fact that low-carb days partner with cardio exercise). I've shared a few other low-carb/high-fat recipes over the past couple of weeks (Avocado Egg Boats, Egg Roll in A Bowl and 3-Ingredient Hummus Crusted Chicken), but these Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps have been one of my main "real-life" (read easy) go to recipes on Mondays and Tuesdays.
It's of my favorites for several reasons, the first being that it truly couldn't be simpler to throw together. Secondly, if you use your imagination, you can trick yourself into thinking that you are eating a fancy appetizer at a chic child-free dinner party. When you're 36 with 3 children, sometimes imagination is necessary to escape the reality of sitting in front of the computer in black yoga pants, reading glasses and a top knot while bouncing a baby on your knee.
Seriously, these Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps could not be any easier to throw together. Just lay out your prosciutto, top it with dressed arugula, lay on some veggies and roll. Thats. It.
Fancy enough to serve at an impromptu dinner gathering and simple enough to whip up when you have 5 minutes for a quick lunch before you need to leave for carline. My absolute favorite type of recipe.
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: This recipe is so simple that prepping isn't really necessary. That said, if you want to get a jump start you can pre-chop the bell peppers and cucumbers. They can be stored in the fridge for several days depending on their level of freshness.
Make Ahead: These prosciutto arugula salad wraps can be prepped ahead to some degree. I recommend that you don't make them more than a few hours ahead of time. The arugula gets witty. That said.. if you're having a party or need to pack a quick lunch in the AM, these are a perfect make ahead choice.
Freezer: Sorry guys, not this time.
How To Make Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps VIDEO:
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1.5 cups of baby arugula
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- ¼ of a red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ of an English cucumber, julienned
- Lay out the prosciutto on a large cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine the arugula, ¼ tsp. olive oil, ¼ teaspoon red wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon of bagel seasoning. Mix. Taste and adjust according to preference.
- Place ¼ of the dressed arugula towards the front of each slice of prosciutto. Top with 1-2 slices of red pepper and cucumber.
- Start with the end closest to you, and tightly wrap the prosciutto around the veggies. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- You can find Simply Sissom on Instagram where I share even more recipes (some that aren’t on the blog), behind the scenes pics and videos AND tips and tricks to make healthy eating realistic for your busy family.
Recipes Like Prosciutto Arugula Salad Wraps: