Easy, whole food honey roasted almonds made from scratch with coconut sugar/oil, salt and honey. Refined sugar free and gluten-free.
So scrumptious. So fancy. So gift-giving worthy.
If you have read this blog for any amount of time you know that I’m “all in” for quick and easy recipes that require little to no prep time and boast a short ingredient list. These whole food honey roasted almonds fit the bill. 5 ingredients, 10 minutes hands on prep… Thats. It.
Side Note—-> You can download the cute little gift tag at the bottom of the post!
FACT: You should give these little guys to EVERYONE on your Christmas List. They. Are. That. Good.
This homemade version is so much healthier (and tastier) than it’s store-bought counterpart. Plus, they are super easy to make, and made-from-scratch means that you get to control the quality and quantity of ingredients used. No funky additives here!
Fancy nut stand in the mall status is coming at you in the form of crunchy whole food honey roasted almonds. You’re welcome!!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: If you want to get a jump start on the recipe you could toast the almonds ahead of time. You could also pre-mix the sugar and salt.
Make Ahead: In my opinion these nuts actually tasted better after a couple of days. Not sure what crazy science is behind that, but I’m not complaining. Just store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
Freezer: These nuts are the perfect freezable food. Bake according to recipe, and then seal them in an airtight container or ziplock bag that has been labeled. They will keep for 6 months (probably more, but want to keep it conservative). To thaw, remove from freezer and allow them to come to room temperature. If you are in a hurry you could spread them on a sheet pan and pop them in the oven for a few minutes at a low temperature.
Whole Food Honey Roasted Almonds VIDEO:
Whole Food Honey Roasted Almonds
Easy, whole food honey roasted almonds made from scratch with coconut sugar/oil, salt and honey. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp course sea salt
- 3 TBS honey
- 3 TBS water
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in cold oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Almonds should be lightly toasted and fragrant when removed from oven.
- While almonds are baking, mix coconut sugar and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine honey, water, and coconut oil. Bring to a boil. Add toasted almonds; Stir continuously until almonds have absorbed most of the liquid and the remaining is a little thinner than syrup.
- Transfer coated almonds to a large mixing bowl. Add 2 TBS of the sugar/salt mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread almonds onto waxed paper sprinkle remaining salt/sugar mixture over top. Allow to cool before breaking apart. Enjoy!
- Honey Roasted Almonds + Super Food Hot Chocolate = ❤️‼️
- Coconut sugar is becoming more and more common. I found mine at my local grocery store, but it is definitely a staple in all health food stores. I used Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (I was not compensated to say this..just trying to be helpful! ?)
- You need to be a little careful when cooking the almonds on the stove.. don’t burn them! Right when the liquid becomes “syrupy” – STOP!!
- The nuts will clump together, it’s ok! You can break them apart a bit or just serve giant chunks of deliciousness.
Get the Printable Gift Tag:
Let’s Be Friends:
- Looking for more healthy whole-food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers from around the web!
- You can also find Simply Sissom on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Check it out and if you like what you see.. follow!
Posts Like Whole Food Honey Roasted Almonds:
Dye Naturally: Free Downlaod
How to Make Natural Food Coloring for Christmas Baking + Whole Food Christmas Cookie Recipe.