Healthy fudge popsicles are a creamy Summer treat that everyone will love. Best part.. they are simple to make, requiring just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes prep!
Dessert is an ALMOST nightly thing around my house. If the boys finish dinner... they get to pick a treat. Sometimes it's as simple as a piece of gum, and sometimes is as "fancy" as an ice cream sandwich. The deal is, whatever they choose is fine. I do this for a couple of reasons...
- I don't want them to think there is any food that is completely "off-limits."
- Balance. If the boys finish their dinner, that means that they have eaten a well-balanced meal. I try to focus on what foods we DO eat instead of emphasizing what foods we DON"T eat. Seriously, what fun is life without a little dessert!
That said.. I try to always have a "sneaky-mostly-good-for-you-dessert" option available. 9 times out of 10 if I take the time to prepare something.. it's what they choose. My blueberry muffins and ANYTHING in a popsicle mold is always a hit! My Chocolate Avocado Pudding, well... not so much (although it's one of my personal favs).
Today I'm adding another recipe to my list of favorite dessert options for the boys. These healthy fudge popsicles are simple to make, requiring just 6 ingredients and about 5 minutes to throw together. They have WAAAAAAYYYYY less sugar than their store-bought counterparts AND all ingredients are completely recognizable. Added bonus... my boys DEVOUR them!
When I say that this is a simple recipe, I'm not kidding. Melt the chocolate, toss ALL. THE. THINGS. into the blender, blend, pour and freeze. That's it. It takes me less time to whip up my homemade version of these healthy fudge popsicles than it does to stand in the frozen-treat aisle with the boys and wait as they make the all important decision of which popsicle to purchase!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: Throwing these popsicles together is so simple that prepping would be a waste of time. They take 5 minutes!
Make Ahead: Yep.. the "batter" can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. If I have extra I just keep filling up the molds as the boys empty them. It's a never-ending supply of chocolate!
Freezer: That one is a bit obvious. Yes.. these popsicles are definitely freezer-friendly. In fact.. it's recommended!
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (I used 72% cacao)
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- In a blender, combine melted chocolate and the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until all ingredients are fully incorporated. You may need to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula a time or two.
- Pour mixture into popsicles molds and freeze for 3-4 hours or until popsicles are completely hardened.
- Remove from mold and enjoy!!!
- I have tried several different popsicles molds. THIS ONE is my favorite.
Let's Be Friends:
- Prep-Ahead recipes are my all time favorite! Join the BRAND NEW Simply Sissom Community Private FB Group and let’s meal prep together! Each week I share an exclusive recipe in the group via FB Live that is REALLY simple and make-ahead friendly. Join us!
- Interested in more Whole30 meal prep ideas? Follow Simply Sissom on Instagram. I share all my meal plans and behind the scenes prep session videos on Instagram stories.
- Want to prep 5 whole-food meals for a family of 4 in just 45 minutes? Check out my new program, Savvy Mama Meal Prep: Quick and Easy. Use code SMMP50 to save 50%.
Recipes Like Healthy Fudge Popsicles: